|Curzon Hall, Credit: Tilottoma Shikdar|
On February 14, 1904, the founder of India's then Viceroy and Governor General George Curzon laid the foundation stone. When the partition of Bengal in 1905, Dhaka became the capital of Eastern Bengal and Assam. Curzon was used as the provincial capital's office.
This historic Curzon is the first public protest against Urdu's only state language, from the building. Curzon was used as a Dhaka College building after the partition of Bengal in 1911. After the establishment of Dhaka University in 1921, the building was used as a science building of Dhaka University.
There is a huge central hall in the magnificent building in the complex. The outer color is red. There is a spacious garden in front of the building, where a road that has gone east from west to greenery.
Behind this, there is a huge pond with the main building of Sher-e-Bangla Fazlul Huq Hall in the west. The two-storied building is considered as one of the best architectural structures in Dhaka.
The building has been an integral combination of Europe and Mughal architecture. It is particularly noticeable in the front door of the projected northern holes in the hollow arch.
In front of the Curzon Hall, there is a huge ground and nice flower garden. In addition to the children's academy and the traditional Doel square, its arch and dome are made up of modern architecture and Mughal structures.