|Ghagutia Padma Beel, Brahmanbaria, Credit: Eco Tourism|
But a large part of the bill has been read in the village of Ghagutia Bangladesh. These lotus flowers are used to worship the goddess Durga of Hindu religion. For that, people of Bangladesh-India collect a lot of lotus flowers from this bill in the month of Ashwin.
These lotus are sold in the local market of India. In Ghagutia, from the Ashar to Kartik every year, a lot of lotus flower blossoms in 120 acres wide. When water came down from the bill, the Padma also disappeared from the bill gradually. Boro paddy is cultivated here for the rest of the time. Nature lovers rush here every year to attract the flower flower bill. During Durga Puja various worship times, especially the people of India came to the lotus flower from that bill.
How to go
Where to stay
- Nine Station Residential Hotel & Restaurant, Akhaura. Roadbazar, Aakura
- Rangdhanu Residential Hotel, Akhaura, Brahmanbaria
- Hotel Dipti Rest House (Residential), Mr. Md Mamun Mia, Road Market Akhaura, Brahmanbaria.01715-247514
- Hotel Green Rest House (Residential), Mr. Bimal Das, Road Market Akhaura, Brahmanbaria.01926-396864
- Hotel brothers brother rest house (Residential), Mr. Ali Akkas, Akhaura Railway Station, Brahmanbaria.01739-561921
- Hotel Banani Rest House, (Residential), Mr. Golam Kibria, Road Bazar, Akhaura, Brahmanbaria.08522-56159
- Hotel Tower Plaza (Residential), Mr. Alfaz Uddin, Road Market, adjacent to Railway Station, Akhaura Brahmanbaria, 01914-689565