Then Viceroy Lord Hardinge inaugurated it on March 4, 1915.According to his name, the bridge was named after Hardinge Bridge.
|Hardinge Bridge, Pabna, Credit: TOB(Facebook Group)|
The British government had planned to construct a railway bridge on Padma river in 1889, 126 years ago, to increase the spread of railway communication in the Indian sub-continent.
In particular, for the convenience of the Indian state of Darjeeling and eastern India in Assam, the border between the Kushtia and Pabna districts of present-day Bangladesh started the process of constructing a bridge over the river Padma. Its reputation built by the British government is a great sign.
There is a lot more than the Hardinge Bridge in the present world. But for some reasons the bridge is notoriously famous. The first reason is that the foundation of this bridge is 160 feet or below 192 MSL soil from the lowest water depth.
Among them, the wells of 15th pillar have been established, below the water level of 1, 59, 60 feet below and the highest limit is 1,90. 60 feet, which means that the average height of the ocean is 1,440 feet below.
At that time, this was the basis of Gavrimatam in this kind of foundation of the world. For being brilliant and beautiful, British In Chief Engineer Robert William Gayles was awarded the title of Sir for his success.
Next to the Hardinge Bridge, the country's second largest Lalon Shah Bridge and the lovely beauty of the Padma on the two sides of the Padma bring new levels to entertainment lovers. Resort, Picnic Spot, has already been built around Hardinge Bridge's natural beauty.
Way to go
- Hotel Expatriate Inter-National, Rupkatha Road, Pabna 6600, Bangladesh. Phone: +88 01749148685
- Hotel Park (have air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road. Phone: 0731-64096
- Hotel Shilton, Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-60060171-433249
- Chaynir Hotel, Rupkotha Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-66100, 65390
- Prime guest house (car parking, air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna. Phone: 0731-65701, 0731-66901
- Midnight Moon Chinese restaurant (residential hotel, car parking, air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-65787
- Hotel and Chinese restaurants (there are air-conditioned rooms), Romantic Road, Pabna. Phone: 0731-640299,0731-65861